9/1/12

Rare Hello Kitty Squishy Replica

I've been wanting a hello kitty squishy for forever and I finally got one to add to my squishy collection. I purchased it from decoden-acc.com. She has amazing prices and the cutest squishies.
This is the one I bought:
Her shipping price is great and you get your items super quick. Every purchase also comes with her adorable business card :)

Before receiving the package, I decided to make my own replica of it!
I made the actual charm, or "squishy" with polymer clay. I used dark brown and black acrylic paint for the "chocolate drizzle" and used triple thick sculpey glaze on top of it. I attached a black cellphone strap fom hobby lobby onto it to give it the full effect of a real squishy.
For the packaging, I used a small resealable bag I got from Hobby Lobby. I made all the graphics from scratch using my favorite editing software called Photofiltre. I started off by making the pink and brown striped background, then added the text on. I got the heart, tea cup, hello kitty head, and hello kitty bow from google images then edited them by resizing, cropping, changing the color, etc. to make them resemble the ones on the actual squishy package.
For the label with the barcode, I actually just scanned the one on the actual squishy and then edited it on the computer to fit. The red label, however, was made with Photofiltre. The official Sanrio tag is from google images.

Here is a comparison of the actual squishy and the replica:
I'd say it turned out pretty well. The graphics aren't as vibrant, but there's nothing I can do about that. The polymer clay charm itself is nice, though :)
This was extremely fun to do so I might make more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment